10 West Oak Street, Canal Winchester, OH 43110 PHONE: 614-833-1846
Our purpose is to educate the public as to the historical importance of Canal Winchester, Ohio and its surrounding area as an early farm community, an important port of the Ohio Canal, a railroad stop, and a growing community in the age of the automobile. This will be accomplished by educational programs of historical significance at the facilities owned by the Society and elsewhere, including programs at the "Queen of the Line" railroad station, Prentiss School, and the O.P. Chaney Grain Elevator, which facilities are currently owned by the Society.
On April 25, 2007, the Canal Winchester Area Historical Society acquired the Ed Jeffers Barber Museum so that it would remain intact and in Canal Winchester. It is the only museum of its kinds in the world -- dedicated solely to the barbering profession. The museum, as is true for all museums, has ongoing expenses and is always in need of volunteer and financial help. The Ed Jeffers Barber Museum Endowment Fund is one way to help ensure the financial support of the Barber Museum.
The Canal Winchester Area Historical Society's main complex consists of a one-room school, a railroad depot, and a grain elevator. The complex also has ongoing expenses. The Canal Winchester Area Historical Society Endowment Fund has been established to ensure the future of the CWAHS Complex.
The Canal Winchester Area Historical Society, Inc. is a not-for-profit educational corporation administered by interested citizens to collect, preserve, maintain, promote, educate, and inventory historical records, data, real and personal property, or other property that might be acquired by the Society.
Click HERE to view the Spring 2015 Newsletter
RE: NAT'L BARBER MUSEUM (HERE)